Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cole's Journal

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Big win over the Nationals today- we swept the series! Escalona got the win- his first! Me and Shane sent the rook a bunch of congratulatory texts after the game, but the kid was too hyper to even check them. I told Charlie I could pitch the eighth and ninth, so I could protect the win for Escalona, but he used Scott and Brad, instead. I guess he didn't want to use me on two days rest. He could have at least let me pinch-hit, though. If he uses me, instead of Matt, he doesn't need to switch me out for Eric when they change pitchers. Saves two players for us. Whatevs. We won, that's all that matters.

Chad wants me to go see Star Trek with him on Monday, since there is no game. I told him that I wasn't a dork like him! (Hope he doesn't find out about my journal, only Heidi knows about it!)

Monday, May 18, 2009

Went to see Star Trek with Chad. Serg came with us. That rookie doesn't stop chirping! It was a good flick, but I would have done some things differently. I really like the BK commercials for it, with the Klingons? The dude's dog is named Tiberius, which is Captain Kirk's middle name! That was a good touch.

Going to sleep early, pitching against the Reds tomorrow. I love hitting in the Reds' ballpark, think I'm going to go deep.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The best part about days I start is that I get to pick the music before the game. We were rocking out to the new Green Day today, Jamie was really getting into it!

We won, and I went 1 for 2, with a run scored. Charlie used Dobbsy to pinch-hit for me, but that was OK. I got the win, and 7 more K's. I only threw 117 pitches, so I can come out of the pen if they need me tomorrow.

Rauuul didn't get a hit today, but he's still hitting .350. Love that guy, totally don't mind that he is probably a Romulan. I kind of miss Pat (and Elvis!) though. But we'll see them again in October!

Wednesday, May 20

I'm worried about the economy. I told Barack some of my ideas last Friday, but he seems somewhat reticent to implement them. Good thing my change-up is recession-proof! Scott is also helping me with my investments, so that's cool.

We lost today, but Jamie did well. He mixed things up by blasting some reggae before the game, and it might have helped. I was ready to pinch-hit in the eighth, but Charlie used Eric. I told Dubes I was available in relief. But he said if he used me, some dude named Price would be named the new pitching coach before I finished the inning. I doubt that because I finish innings pretty quick.

Thursday, May 21

Early game today. Easy win. But Kentucky needs to switch up from that country music, like Jamie did. I was ready to play some left field for the last few innings, to give Raul a break, but Charlie wouldn't let me. I wish they would let me help in every game, instead of in every fifth game.

Me and Shane were talking after the game, and decided we could put at least 100 snails on Matt. Maybe even 150!

Yankee Stadium this weekend. Can't wait! I'm going to hit me some bombs in that bandbox! Charlie might let me DH on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, I get to pitch. I think Charlie might start Eric and rest J-Roll on Sunday. I'm hopin' Charlie will let me get my swings, and DH for Eric. Eric is a cool dude, and did an awesome job helping me do my taxes, but he can't swing the bat like I can!

No comments: